Injured in a Car Accident?
Although technology and safety features have improved dramatically over the past several decades, the reality is that drivers across New England are still at high risk of being involved in a car accident at some point in their lives.
Accidents happen every day that leave victims with devastating and sometimes fatal injuries. A motor vehicle accident can happen to anyone in the blink of an eye, yet many people don’t know what to do after they’ve been involved in an accident.
If you’ve suffered serious injuries in an accident that wasn’t your fault, it’s important to know that you have rights. Our Massachusetts car accident lawyers at Jim Glaser Law want to help you protect those rights and take the necessary steps towards any compensation you deserve for your losses.
Getting Legal Help Has Never Been Easier
After being involved in a car accident, you will likely face many difficulties but getting the legal help you need shouldn’t be one of them. All you have to do is call us!
You Deserve Compensation
Being hurt in a car accident isn’t just devastating; it’s also expensive. From medical bills to lost wages, you deserve compensation for your losses. An attorney can help you fight for every dollar you’re owed.
We Don’t Get Paid Unless You Do
Our office operates on a contingency basis. This means that you never owe us anything unless we win for you. When you call Jim Glaser Law, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
We Understand This Isn’t Easy. We’re Here to Help.
Surviving a car accident can make you feel as though your entire life has changed in a matter of a few moments. Activities you used to enjoy are now shrouded with pain, trauma, and worry. Your medical bills are piling up, you’ve missed weeks of work, and you’re unsure whether you’ll ever be able to return to your normal life. What’s more, your accident hasn’t just put a tremendous amount of pressure on you but also your family members.
If you’re facing these challenges, we want you to know that we’re here for you. Our Massachusetts car accident lawyers have been helping injured victims in Boston, Massachusetts, and cities across New England through the difficult times that follow car accidents and we can help you, too! All you have to do is call us to discuss your legal options.
Hurt in a Car Accident? Jimmy Knows What to Do!
Jimmy knows that accident victims are often taken advantage of when they’re at their most vulnerable. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you need a fierce attorney who knows the law and will fight to protect your rights.
Is This What Happened to You?
Car accidents can occur for a number of reasons. Determining the cause of the crash is one of the first steps in proving the other party was responsible for causing your injuries.
While no two accidents are the same, some of the most common factors that contribute to vehicle accidents include but are not limited to:
- Distracted Driving — Drivers who are distracted aren’t only breaking the law but also have a much higher risk of causing a traffic accident because their eyes are not on the road and their minds are not focused on driving. Texting and driving is an extremely dangerous form of distracted driving because it involves cognitive, physical, and visual distractions.
- Impaired Driving — A person’s ability to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner can be impaired by the use of drugs or alcohol. Some people fail to realize that even over-the-counter and prescription medications can also cause an impairment that can lead to a serious accident.
- Drowsy or Fatigued Driving — In many ways, driving drowsy or fatigued is as dangerous as drunk driving. Being drowsy is also a serious impairment behind the wheel. Drowsy and fatigued driving are especially common amongst truck drivers, as well as students, swing shift workers, and night workers.
- Reckless Driving — Reckless driving, including speeding, is another common cause of car accidents. Drivers who are aggressive or angry often take needless risks when driving, such as tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, running red lights, turning without sufficient time, or cutting in front of traffic. Any of these actions can have serious and life-threatening consequences.
- Weather Conditions — Poor weather conditions can also be a factor in auto accidents. In many cases, drivers travel too fast for the conditions or follow the car in front of them too closely, both dangerous mistakes that cause innocent people to get hurt.
- Dangerous Road Conditions — Potholes, defective signs, malfunctioning traffic signals, missing guardrails, road debris, and other hazardous conditions can cause a driver to lose control and crash.
- How Do I Prove Negligence?
Every driver in Massachusetts owes other drivers on the roads what’s called a “duty of care.” If someone breaches that duty of care by acting carelessly and you’re injured as a result, that person may be held liable for their actions. However, proving negligence is not always straight-forward. Our experienced Massachusetts car accident lawyers have been serving injured victims for years and can help you hold the right party responsible for your injuries.
- What Can Compensation Cover?
No two car accidents are the same, so the amount of compensation you may be entitled to receive will depend on the circumstances of your accident. If you’ve been hurt due to another driver’s recklessness, you may be able to receive compensation for the following damages:
- Damage to property
- Loss of income
- Medical expenses
- Future damages, including loss of earning capacity and ongoing medical care
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
- Expenses related to your accident and injuries
- Permanent disabilities and impairments
- Damages associated with the death of a loved one
- How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
The Massachusetts statute of limitations is three years. This means injured victims have three years from the time of their injuries to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. While most car accident claims are able to be settled outside of court and do not require you to file a lawsuit, it’s important to keep this three-year deadline in mind in the event that a fair settlement cannot be reached and you need to take your case to court.
- When Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
If you have been the victim of a car accident in Massachusetts, it’s important to speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Having a lawyer on your side can help you avoid common mistakes injury victims make that can cause you to receive much less than what you’re owed.
- How Much Does an Attorney Cost?
Though every case and client is different, one thing will always be the same at Jim Glaser Law: we don’t get paid unless you do. Our office works on a contingency basis, which allows you to retain our services without fear of hidden fees or expensive down payments. In fact, you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case!