Jimmy Knows!® Property Damage!

If you’ve experienced property damage, the attorneys at Jim Glaser Law are here to help you through this difficult time. We will handle the insurance companies and fight for the compensation you need to rebuild.

"*" indicates required fields


A Boston home with significant roof damage after a fire

Suffering damage to your property can be devastating, but our experienced property damage attorneys at Jim Glaser Law are here to help you recover the funds you need to rebuild. From gathering and compiling evidence to dealing with insurance companies, Jimmy Knows® what to do to seek fair compensation for your claim so you can start the rebuilding process. Get in touch with our Boston, MA, property damage lawyers today to get your free policy review and get your case started.


Getting Help Is Simple

All you have to do is call or fill out the online form, and we will review your policy for free. If you have a case, we will handle everything from there.


You Have Rights

You pay for property insurance to cover you in the event of a disaster. If you suffered property damage, you deserve compensation, and we can help you seek it.


You Owe Nothing Unless We Win

Our firm works on contingency, so you owe nothing unless we win. We will conduct a policy review at no cost to you and no obligation, so you won’t owe a penny upfront.

Jimmy Knows!® Property Damage Can Be Devastating

Property damage can be disastrous and leave you feeling overwhelmed. Whether a storm caused your roof to collapse or a faulty wire caused your business to catch fire, you’re left picking up the pieces. On top of the stress of ensuring the safety of yourself and those directly impacted by the damage, you now have to deal with the logistics of property damage and filing a claim with the insurance company.  At Jim Glaser Law, we understand what you’re going through. We have a dedicated team of property damage attorneys with the additional benefit of also having adjuster experience prepared to help you when you need it most. We’ve helped clients all over Massachusetts and across New England seek the compensation they deserve after experiencing property damage. Let our Boston, MA, property damage lawyers take on the burden of handling the insurance company for you while you focus on getting your life back on track.

Get a Free Policy Review

Do You Have a Case? Jimmy Knows!®

If you’ve experienced property damage in either your home or business, it can be difficult to know if you are getting a fair offer from the insurance company for your losses. Let’s look at some of the most common types of property damage and what you may be compensated for if you experience them. 

Types of Property Damage

  • Fire damage: If your home or business was damaged in a fire, you may be compensated for structural damage, fire damage, smoke damage, water damage, and more. 
  • Mold damage: If you become ill from mold in your building, you may be able to sue your landlord for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more. 
  • Storm damage: A storm can cause significant damage to your property. If your policy includes storm damage, you may be able to recover compensation for lost or broken items, damage to your roof, siding, or windows, water damage, and more. 
  • Termite damage: A termite infestation can cause devastating damage or even make your home or business uninhabitable. If your policy includes termite damage you may be compensated for structural damage.
  • Water Damage: If your pipes are frozen or leaking, you could be facing expensive water damage that may be covered in your policy. 
  • Roof Damage: When storms roll through and damage a roof, the initial damage might go unnoticed and become worse over time. This kind of damage may also be compensable if covered in your policy.

If the type of damage you experienced isn’t represented here, that doesn’t mean you don’t have a case. Attorney Jim Glaser has years of experience in various property damage claims. Jimmy Knows® how to help you seek the compensation you deserve.

The Insurance Company Isn’t On Your Side

Insurance adjusters may seem friendly, but their goal is to reduce or eliminate their company’s responsibility for your property damage claim. They may underestimate your damage or claim underlying issues caused the bulk of the damage. Our expert adjusters can conduct an investigation on their own to determine the extent of the damage and the compensation you truly deserve. We will work with the insurance company to seek a fair settlement for the damage you’ve suffered.

Have You Experienced Property Damage in Boston, MA?

Don’t hesitate to call Jim Glaser Law for a free policy review. Our lawyers will fight for your rights to compensation.

Get a Free Policy Review

If You’ve Experienced Property Damage:

Follow these steps to ensure you get the most out of your claim:

Take multiple photos or videos of the damage to the exterior and interior of your home or property and any damaged belongings.

If your policy is subject to underinsurance penalties, you may end up with a lower settlement than you need. However, every situation is unique, so it’s imperative that you contact an experienced property damage attorney.

Don’t submit any contractor bids until you speak with an attorney.

Call Jim Glaser Law as soon as possible to ensure you take the appropriate steps to maximize your policy compensation for your property damage. Jimmy Knows® the ins and outs of these cases and will guide you through this complex process to give you the best chance of getting the compensation you deserve.

How Can a Lawyer Help?

Taking on an insurance company while you’re dealing with property damage and the trauma of experiencing a storm, fire, or any unexpected disaster can be overwhelming, not to mention that you may be left with a lower settlement than you deserve or need. Having an experienced property damage attorney on your side can not only help you get the most out of your claim, but you can rely on their experience and expertise to navigate the situation. The attorneys at Jim Glaser Law will build you the strongest case possible and do all they can to secure the maximum compensation you deserve, so you can focus on rebuilding and healing from your trauma.

Get a Free Policy Review

Frequently Asked Questions

The Additional Living Expense part of your policy covers the additional expenses you may need to cover after you’ve been temporarily displaced from your home. This may include food, gas, and mileage for your car, temporary rent, pet boarding, and more. Have your insurance company provide a list of items that are covered by Additional Living Expense, including the dollar or time limit that can cap your total benefits. If delays beyond your control cause you to exhaust your Additional Living Expense before you can move back into your home, get an extension in writing. If you need assistance, our experienced Boston, MA, property damage lawyers at Jim Glaser Law are just a phone call away.

The timeline for property damage insurance claims can vary, but they typically take a year or two to repair, rebuild, or replace your home and possessions after catastrophic damage or loss. The attorneys at Jim Glaser Law will keep you aware of the developments in your claim, and if a settlement is reached, we will get you a check as soon as possible.

In most cases, you are responsible for clearing debris from your property. If you have the coverage on your policy, the cost of clearing debris may be covered. With natural disasters, some local governments provide debris removal programs. Not sure if debris removal is covered in your policy? Your property damage attorney at Jim Glaser Law can review your policy so you get started on the cleanup and restoration of your property as soon as possible.

Many people who suffer property damage experience issues with not having enough coverage or with confusion about what is and isn’t covered in their policy. Some people also experience low estimates and settlement offers, unpleasant insurance adjusters, differing opinions about the damage and value of items lost, and delays in getting the claim and settlement sorted out. Your lawyer at Jim Glaser Law can help you navigate your claim with the insurance company.

Depreciation is subjective and a common problem policyholders face with property damage claims. Insurance adjusters may try to lowball the value of your property, but you can fight for more reasonable compensation. Adjusters may also try to set blanket depreciation across all your property, which fails to consider the condition, age, life span, and market value of the item. If you’re experiencing unfair depreciation of your property, be sure to contact Jim Glaser Law.