As a motorcyclist, you know that you face risks each time you decide to ride. As Boston motorcycle accident lawyers, we handle motorcycle crashes caused by a variety of reasons including:
- Negligence, careless, and reckless motorists
- Weather and road conditions
- Defective motorcycles and defective parts
- Road debris
- Drowsy and distracted driving
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Motorists failing to yield the right of way
- Rear-end crashes and head-on collisions
Motorcycle accidents can result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. When you are injured in a crash, you may not know where to turn. Our Boston motorcycle accident lawyer can help you file a claim to recover money for your losses and injuries. Call Jim Glaser Law at 888-743-2079 to schedule a free appointment with one of our attorneys.
Ways You Can Prevent a Motorcycle Accident
Even though you cannot control what other drivers do behind the wheel of a vehicle, you can take steps to reduce the risk of being involved in a motorcycle crash. You can also take steps to reduce the risk of severe injury if you are involved in a crash.
- Take a Training Course — One of the common causes of motorcycle accidents is driver inexperience. Inexperienced riders take more risks and engage in dangerous maneuvers. Taking a training course can teach you valuable lessons about riding safely.
- Don’t Ride Impaired — Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs is illegal and dangerous. If you drink or you are under the influence of drugs, find another way home.
- Maintain Your Motorcycle — A properly maintained motorcycle operates more safely. Perform frequent maintenance to ensure the tires, brakes, engine, and other systems are functioning correctly.
- Always Wear a Helmet — Helmets saves lives by reducing the risk of serious or life-threatening head injuries in motorcycle accidents. You can also reduce injury by wearing protective boots, gloves, and clothing each time you ride.
- Avoid Distracted Riding — Distracted driving or riding is dangerous. You need to be alert to avoid collisions with other motorists. Staying alert can also help you avoid a road hazard accident.
- Avoid Reckless Driving — Speeding and aggressive driving causes accidents. Slow down and obey all traffic laws to decrease your risk for a motorcycle crash.
- Don’t Drive Drowsy — When you are tired, you are not as alert. It is very easy to fall asleep when you have been working a double shift, or you have not gotten enough sleep.
- Know Your Limits — You should know your skill level before you get on a motorcycle. While you are on the road is not the time to test your limits to see if you can handle a difficult ride on steep or curvy roads.
Damages in a Massachusetts Motorcycle Accident Claim
If another party caused your wreck, you might be entitled to recover compensation for the injuries you sustain because of the collision. However, you must act quickly to preserve your right to file a claim. Your time to file a claim or lawsuit is limited by the Massachusetts Statute of Limitations.
Failing to file your lawsuit before the deadline can result in you being responsible for all costs related to your accident, including all medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and other out-of-pocket expenses. In addition, you will not receive money for your physical pain and emotional suffering. Do not wait until it is too late — call not for your free case evaluation.
Call a Boston Motorcycle Injury Lawyer for a Free Legal Consultation
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that motorcyclists were 29 times more likely to be killed in a motorcycle crash in 2015 than the drivers and passengers in other vehicles for each vehicle mile traveled. Over 88,000 riders were injured, and 4,976 riders were killed in motorcycle accidents in 2015. If you are injured in a crash that is not your fault, contact Jim Glaser Law today at 781-689-2277 or fill out our online form to request a free case evaluation.