Massachusetts Car Accident Lawyers Seek Justice For Those Injured in Accidents
Car accidents happen often, and injuries caused by a collision can leave life-altering damage.
The Association For Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT) stated, “Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes a year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.”
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to someone else’s careless actions, you need the legal help of our Massachusetts car accident lawyers at Jim Glaser Law. We take pride in helping injured indiviuals seek the justice they rightfully deserve. Whether you suffered injuries in a truck accident or motorcycle accident, you may be eligible for compensation.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shared accident statistics from 2017 within the state of Massachusetts:
- 350 traffic fatalities
- 120 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities
- 469 drivers who were involved in fatal crashes
- 74 pedestrian fatalities
A fatal accident can occur at any moment, so it’s imperative to use additional caution when driving through the most dangerous intersections.
Most Dangerous Intersections
Based on an article by New England Cable News (NECN), the most dangerous intersections for drivers in Massachusetts include the following:
- Interstate 495 in Andover
- Middlesex Turnpike at Route 128 in Burlington
- Route 3 and 18 in Weymouth
- Granite Avenue and the Expressway in Milton
- North Washington Street and the Central Artery in Boston
- Route 128 and Interstate 93 in Woburn
If you’re involved in an accident on any of these intersections, it’s important to know what steps you should take.
What To Do After An Automobile Accident
Being involved in a wreck can be scary and stressful. Listed below are tips you can follow after a motor vehicle accident:
- Check to see if anyone is injured. It’s essential to see if anyone involved has suffered any injuries, if so, call for help immediately.
- Move over to safety if possible. If you’re able, move the car, or cars, to the side of the road to avoid further damage or injuries by oncoming traffic. Make sure to turn your hazard lights on to alert other drivers.
- Wait for emergency personnel. It’s in your best interest to wait until help arrives. The police will file a report that states the details of the accident.
- Gather contact information. If anyone else was involved, make sure to ask for their information such as phone number, insurance policy, and license number.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Photos can be used as evidence if you decide to file a lawsuit.
- Never admit fault. The police will determine who is at fault for the accident.
- Contact a Massachusetts car accident lawyer at Jim Glaser Law. If you have suffered injuries or damages as a result of an accident, our attorneys can review your case and see what legal options are available.
The tips listed above may help you build a strong injury case if you choose to file a lawsuit for your injuries.
What Type Of Compensation Is Available?
Compensation is determined by multiple factors such as the extent of your injuries. Compensation can include:
- Medical expenses
- Damage to property
- Wrongful death
- Pain and suffering
- Future damage, including loss of earning capacity and ongoing medical care
Every case is different, and to determine a reasonable amount for your injuries, it’s best to speak with one of our injury lawyers. We will look at every detail of your case including the police report, medical expenses, damages, and possible future expenses.
Common Injuries Caused By Car Wrecks
It’s not uncommon for an individual to suffer an injury after a wreck. Listed below are examples of common injuries caused by car wrecks:
- Chest injuries including fractured ribs and fractured sternums
- Soft tissue injuries such as whiplash
- Cuts and lacerations which can cause loss of blood
- Broken bones including femur fracture or pelvis fracture
- Burn injuries such as chemical or electrical burns
Injuries vary and depend upon the impact of the wreck. If you or someone you love has suffered any injuries such as the ones mentioned above, call our law office today.
Causes Of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Accidents happen for a wide variety of reasons. Here are some of the most common causes of auto collisions:
You may drive a top-rated safety vehicle, but if the roads are not built well, it could result in an accident. Road design issues may include barriers, guardrails, lack of signage, and traffic control.
This includes texting, talking on the phone, applying makeup, eating, and talking to others in the same vehicle.
Wet road conditions are hazardous to drivers due to slippery roads and lack of clear visibility.
Driving under the influence is dangerous because it causes the driver to have a slower reaction time, inability to concentrate, and lack of coordination.
Speed limits are intended to keep drivers safe and reduce traffic collisions.
Running Red Lights
Numerous car wrecks have occurred because a driver ran through a red light.
If you have been injured in an automobile accident from one of these common causes of motor vehicle accidents, allow Jim Glaser Law to review your case. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and any damages you suffered.
Experienced. Dedicated. Knowledgeable.
At Jim Glaser Law, we know how devastating a car crash can be and the impact it can have on you and your family. We understand that medical bills are expensive, and you may assume you have no other options than to pay out-of-pocket.
Our team knows how challenging it can be to handle the legal system alone after you are injured due to someone else’s negligence. Our compassionate lawyers can review the details of your case to see what legal options are available.
All work is done on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing unless your case is settled. Don’t wait to call. Call Jim Glaser Law today at 781-689-2277 or fill out our online form to request a free case evaluation.