A Massachusetts car accident can be a traumatic and life-changing event. The days and weeks following a car crash can be a painful and challenging time as you try to recover from your physical injuries while you deal with the financial burden and emotional stress caused by the car accident. When you finish medical treatment, you must then try to negotiate a fair settlement with the other driver’s insurance provider. The process of getting the money you deserve for your claim can take even longer and be more frustrating than dealing with the injuries from the accident.
Having a Boston car accident attorney who has knowledge of and experience in the claims process by your side can make the process less stressful. Your injury lawyer can handle much of the stress of negotiating a settlement with the insurance company. If the company refuses to offer a fair settlement, your attorney can proceed with a personal injury lawsuit to hold the party accountable for all your damages.
Types of Car Accidents in Boston
Many different types of car accidents occur throughout Massachusetts and the Boston area. Regardless of whether the accident involves a car, motorcycle, commercial truck, bicycle, or pedestrian, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries when the other driver caused the accident. Some of the common types of car accidents that we handle for clients include:
- Rear-End Collisions — Rear-end crashes are extremely common in areas with high traffic or congested traffic. When a vehicle strikes another vehicle from the rear, the collision can cause serious injuries to the occupants of the front vehicle. Injuries include but are not limited to whiplash, spinal cord injuries, chest injuries, and head injuries. As the force of the impact increases, the injuries can become more severe.
- Multiple Vehicle Crashes — Multiple vehicle crashes can also result in severe and life-threatening injuries. With multiple vehicle accidents, it can be difficult to determine liability. You need an experienced Boston car accident attorney to sort out the details to file a claim or claims against the responsible parties.
- Head-On Collisions — Head-on crashes tend to be very serious and can result in multiple fatalities. These types of crashes can occur at intersections, on highways, or at any time when a driver loses control of a vehicle and crosses the center line.
- Parking Lot Accidents — Distracted driving and speeding are two of the causes of parking lot accidents. Even though parking lot accidents might occur at slower speeds than other types of crashes, these accidents can still result in substantial property damage and serious physical injuries.
- Side Swipes — Crashes involving the sides of vehicles colliding into each other are common when a vehicle passes another vehicle too closely, or a driver misjudges the room he has to move between two vehicles or a vehicle and another object. Sideswipes can cause significant property damage to both vehicles.
- T-Bones or Side Impact Collisions — T-bones and side-impact crashes occur at intersections or when one vehicle is turning in front of another vehicle. Side impact crashes can be very dangerous because there is very little protection for occupants from the impact of the crash.
Our Boston car accident lawyers have experience handling all types of collisions and crashes. We want to help you recover compensation for your loss of income, medical costs, property damage, emotional suffering, and physical pain. The amount of compensation you are entitled to receive depends on several factors. Our attorneys thoroughly investigate all factors to maximize the amount of money you can receive for your injury claim.
Get Help from a Boston Car Accident Attorney
Do not face the insurance company for the other driver alone. The insurance company has a team of professionals to protect its interest. You should have an experienced legal team to protect your interests throughout the claims process.
Call Jim Glaser Law at 888-743-2079 to speak with a car accident attorney in Boston. You can also use the Live Chat feature on our website or the online contact form to request additional information.